Building Structure Maintenance Made Easy:
April 10, 2023
Ensure the Safety and Durability of Your Housing Society Structure.
As a housing society, the upkeep and maintenance of your building, flat units, and common areas is critical to ensure the safety, functionality, and longevity of your premises. To ensure that these tasks are carried out effectively, it is important to hire the right professional agencies who can assess the condition of your elements, identify severe exposures, and prioritize timely repairs to avoid expensive damages. Here are some elements that should be included in your maintenance plan:
- External Facade and Plaster: The external facade and plaster of your building are exposed to weathering and can suffer from cracks, peeling, or fading. Hire a professional agency to conduct regular inspections and repairs to maintain the structural integrity of your building’s exterior.
- External Paint: The external paint of your building is an important element that not only adds aesthetic appeal but also protects your building from environmental elements. Hire a professional agency to conduct regular inspections and painting to maintain the overall appearance and structural integrity of your building’s exterior.
- Top Terrace: Condition of existing waterproofing system BB coba etc, Condition of parapet wall, Substrate condition of plaster: Random hammer tap testing of top floor/exposed surface areas, critical areas & projections, External plumbing outlet connections check etc.
- Flat Units: The flat units in your housing society have several areas that require regular maintenance such as wet areas like bathrooms and kitchens, plumbing connections, interior walls, interior paint, and the condition of windows and balconies. Hire a professional agency to inspect and rectify any exposures in these areas to avoid potential water damage, mold growth, and other related issues.
- RCC Structure: The RCC (reinforced concrete) structure of your building is the backbone of your premises and requires regular maintenance to ensure structural integrity. Hire a professional agency to conduct regular inspections and repairs to avoid potential damages and costly repairs in the future.
- Outer Plumbing Connections: The outer plumbing connections of your building require regular maintenance to avoid potential water leaks and damages. Hire a professional agency to inspect and rectify any exposures in these areas to avoid potential water damage and mold growth.
- Podium: The podium of your housing society includes areas like driveways, gutters, gardens, children’s play areas, and parking areas. Hire a professional agency to conduct regular inspections and repairs to maintain the safety, functionality, and aesthetic appeal of these areas.
In conclusion, hiring the right professional agency to conduct regular maintenance of your building, flat units, and common areas is critical to ensure the safety, functionality, and longevity of your housing society. Conducting regular inspections and repairs can help you avoid potential damages and costly repairs in the future. With the right maintenance plan in place, you can ensure that your housing society remains in top condition for years to come.
In addition to regular maintenance, diagnosing potential problems should be the first step in the maintenance process. Here are some reasons why:
- Facilitate Detection of All Possible Flaws: A thorough diagnosis can help identify all possible flaws, problems, and occurrences that might exist in your building or premises.
- Prioritize Immediate Repair and Protection Measures: A diagnosis can help prioritize the immediate repair and protection measures that need to be taken to avoid further damage or costly repairs in the future.
- Evaluate Accurate Scope of Work: A diagnosis can help evaluate the accurate scope of work needed for repair, restoration, or treatment. This allows for a more accurate estimate and cost analysis for execution.
- Classification of Recommendations and Solutions: A diagnosis can help classify recommendations and solutions based on existing flaws and precautionary measures. This helps ensure that the right solutions are implemented for effective maintenance.
- Tracking and Record Keeping: A diagnosis can help track and record the maintenance and repairs carried out during the life expectancy or warranty period of your building or premises.
In conclusion, the success of repairs and restoration is determined by correct diagnosis and in-depth studies of problems, existing conditions of the building, and proper repair practices. To ensure effective implementation that enhances the lifespan of the structure and prevents deterioration of the building, we need to act more responsibly and pre-emptively towards inspection and analysis of all associated elements with the structure. By taking corrective actions during execution/treatment and bringing cost-effective sustainable solutions, we can ensure that our buildings and premises remain safe, functional, and appealing for years to come.